676
Twin Motor Car
Source:Renumbered from existing tram (276) in 1968
Fate:Stored as part of the C Fleet at Rigby Road
Owner:Blackpool Transport Services Ltd / Blackpool Heritage Trust
Class:TWIN

Tram Details


Class Details

Motor Coach
Built: 1935 (Converted for trailer operation 1958 - 1961)
Built By: English Electric
Seating: 56
Seating Type: Swing over seats
Controllers: EE Z4
Trucks: EE Equal wheel bogies with 4ft wheelbase
Motors: EE 305 HP 57 x2
Brakes: Westinghouse air wheel, hand wheel, rheostatic
Current Collector: Pantograph

Trailers
Built: 1960
Built by: Metro Cammell
Seating: 66
Trucks: Maley and Taunton 27 inch equal wheel bogies with 5 ft 6 inch wheel base
Controller and Brakes as per Motor Coach


Timeline
As EE Railcoach Series 2 276
1935Built by English Electric
1960Rebuilt as Twin Motor Car (276)
As Twin Motor Car 276
1960Rebuild of existing tram (276)
1968Renumbered as 676
As Twin Motor Car 676
1968Renumbered from existing tram (276)
Stored as part of the C Fleet

Models of Class


OO/HO Card Kits
by Pete Watson

Comments/Notes

Tram image courtesy of James Millington.